Monday, December 20, 2010

THE RUNAWAY




I gazed up in the sky and I felt the morning breeze

The sun would be intense despite the faintness of its streaks,

I grabbed my wallet and I grabbed my keys,

kick started my bike to follow no one’s lead

From all the things that I can live and die for

I wanna run away I wanna run away I wanna run away for sure


I keep a store of this feeling as I raise a gear high

I leave the city sleeping without bidding anyone goodbye

I drive down an empty lane and I drive down an empty side

I drive until the last thing I can remember is the ride

It feels like eternity it feels like an era froze

Which started with ferocity of emotions but in the end it had Numbness enclosed

From all the things that get me high that get me sore

I wanna run away I wanna run away I wanna run away for sure


I break the monotony as I put the bike to a halt

Drag myself up a hillside with no one to match my plod

I close my eyes as I lay back on the hillside

I figure I would feel nothing if my senses wer’ nt alive

I can smell the morning green I can feel the wind brush my side

But oddly enough I am vacant inside

From all the things that dwell and are uncalled for

I wanna run away I wanna run away I wanna run away for sure


Hours and seconds , they passed in vain

A tear rolls down the cheek , that’s the only sign of pain

I took a heavy sigh and sat myself up

Coz something in me just won’t let me give up

There is something in me, I always knew

There is something in me that gets me through

Something that marks my existence, something that I can assure

Something that completely makes me secure


From all the things that I can live and die for

I don’t wanna run away and this time I am even more sure.



6 comments:

  1. finally, u took d writing...good to see d words flow, its d best way, one can express..keep it up!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice 1:):)
    life like dis only:):) u can never run away,,,but u can alwaz move on,,,,:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nyc. . . heart touching. . . true. . .!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ manavendra- thanx dats ryt

    @ kunal- exactly dats d essence of the poem ..u picked up real gr8 ;)

    @ preeti - :) :) thanku thanku :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That something is nothing but its a ZEAL to live upon earth. And every one tries to flow with that Zeal. I remember one poem of Mr.Henry Hamilton White, which I read in childhood, i.e.

    "Never look behind boys
    When you are on the way,
    Time enough for that boys
    On some future day.

    Though the way be long, boys,
    Face it with a will;
    Never Stop to look behind
    When climbing up a hill."
    ....

    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. brilliant yaar..too good u write !!

    ReplyDelete