Friday, March 20, 2015

The Walk !!




Its pitching dark as I walk the roads, stray as  dogs and lost as souls,
An uncertain wakefulness and a mind that wants to sleep,
But all I know is I am the only creed and all I know is I have got promises to keep.
 
The trees they rustle and the dogs they growl , but I move on with a single goal,
A solitude that needs to be kindled with a wisdom that is ocean's deep ,
But all I know is I am the only creed and all I know is I have got promises to keep.
 
The woods they stop me  and make yearn to have  a rest beneath the trunk,
The wind it promises to make me leap and let me have a pleasant  breathe,
A calm that I need; Some rest in the peace,
But all I know is I am the only creed and all I know is I have got promises to keep.
 
I look at the path that seems never ending ,
The woods?  The wind?; No, there is no defending,
I bid them bye and keep up the trip,
Coz  all I know is I am the only creed and all I know is I have got promises to keep.
 
 
Signing Off
Neha Chauhan

6 comments:

  1. "For long you live and high you fly
    And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
    And all you touch and all you see
    Is all your life will ever be"

    Something worth remembering during this long walk. These words are from Pink Floyd :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just perfect in terms of context ..Thanks (y)\
      Changed my mood :)

      Delete
  2. In three words I can sum up everything I have learnt about life: it goes on - Robert Frost

    ReplyDelete