Tuesday, May 31, 2016

The Mighty Woods !!

                                                        


For how long I waited , for how long I stood,
With my sight touching the sky , Oh the mighty woods !!

Your parched trunk and your drying greens,
 I know you long for the rains as I long for my dreams.

But my dear friend ,the rains are still far,
I know that because last night I left my window ajar.

The moisture wasnt riding the wind and there was no scent,
I know you rustled your leaves last night till your stems were bent.

Something in me cried for you and brought me close,
To the lonely path and the only stairs that opens to your door.

The path was long and the journey was endless,
I stood admiring your beauty all entranced and all breathless.

Your graceful tall and your solitary stay,
I saw your patience at every turn as i meandered my way.

But dear friend don’t wait, i told you the rains are still far,
I know that because last night i left my window ajar.

For a moment i forgot the reason why i was there,
Was it to be in your grim or was it for my share,
For my friend in Solitude there is no end to your charm,
Coz a single walk in you totally handed me to my calm.

For how long i waited , for how long i stood
With my sight touching the sky , Oh you the  mighty woods !!



In remembrance of Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Mumbai
Signing Off
Neha Chauhan



1 comment:

  1. it seems you are fond of traveling new places...so keep exploring & posting such nice blogs...��

    ReplyDelete